The KOOL™ Roofing Metal Solution Cool Energy Efficient Colours
Tests prove that on a 90-degree day, a white roof will only have a temperature of 110 degrees F at its surface, compared to 190 degrees F for a black roof. Despite the energy savings of white roofs, however, builders and architects desire a wider range of colour options. The solution: COLOURCOIL® high performance pre-painted steel in KOOL™ energy efficient colours, which offer high heat reflectivity without sacrificing colour choices.
The Benefits of Colourcoil KOOL Roofing Metals
- Heat is reflected away from buildings.
- Lower environmental temperatures help reduce smog levels.
- Cooler interior spaces help save the cost of energy used for cooling.
- The life expectancy of the roof itself increases due to less expansion and contraction.
- In some countries, monetary incentives such as tax credits are increasingly being offered for switching
- to reflective roofing products.
- All the advantages of greater reflectivity are available without sacrificing colour choices.
- Tests have proven that coated metal is superior to many other materials (e.g. asphalt shingles) in initial and aged irradiative properties.
- Metal roofing utilizes a high percentage of recycled content and, at the end of its useful life, is 100%
- Waranties* of up to 20 years against colour fading, chalking and peeling with a 25 year warranty against
- Colourcoil Industries has a history of innovation and continues to develop pre-painted steel technologies for the future.
When these advantages are added to the generally recognized benefits of metal roofing – greater fire resistance, lighter weight, seamless integrity, colour choice and long life-COLOURCOIL high performance pre-painted steel is a wise choice.